MMATECH developed a novel advanced, tough, low-friction, biocompatible, wear and cold flow resistant polyimide MP-1™, for medical implants that will revolutionize the multi-billion dollar orthopedic markets. The MP-1™ liner is 3 times more durable than current conventional materials, thus, less revision surgeries are expected and younger patients will be submitted for surgery. The new solution will result in saving of money for the healthcare system
- 2016-2019 – Winning phase 1&2 of Horizon 2020 (SME) for a game changing solution of bone fixation devices produced from MP-1™.
- 2017 – Today – Second medical center clinical study under Ethical Committee in Israel Medical Center.
- 2013-today – First, post marketing clinical study under Ethical Committee in New Zealand Medical Center. Technological proof-of-concept and efficacy of the MP-1™ implant have been successfully established (up to 100 patients)
- 2012 – MMATECH becomes a medical device company. Agreement with Orthopedic Company.
- 2011- CE MARK and ISO 13485 approval.
- 2006 –first in man Hip MP-1™ liner implant (Custom made).
- 2005 -First-proof of MP-1™ biomaterial.