M.M.A.TECH Ltd. Company was established on Nov 2001, focusing on characterization of a new engineering modified wear-free material (MP-1™) for current use in medical applications.
The activity involved the determination of chemical, physical, mechanical and biocompatible properties following exposure to sterilization by radiation (double doze).
The properties were far better in all aspects than those of UHMWPE, used today in implants. The MP-1™ was tested for biocompatibility and passed all of the tests (according to FDA standards).
Liners for hip implant were produced from the MP-1™ raw material and implanted. Several leading companies in the orthopedic implant market are interested in our product, as there is no other solution yet for a safe and stable implant material which can prevent frequent revised surgery.
The activity done so far included the following:
- Raw material preparation – Preparation of MP-1™ blocks by compression molding monomer powder and producing implants by machining.
- Implant preparation – machining of acetabular liners for orthopedic hip surgery.
- Performance of pre-clinical tests, Determination of chemical, physical, mechanical and biocompatible properties following exposure to sterilization by radiation (double doze). Hip simulator tests for Hip Implants. The test was done in a FDA qualified laboratory with implants produced by us.
- CLINICAL STUDIES- a clinical study was performed in New Zealand 2006-2007, and 100 patients study since 2013 and 15 patients in Israel with 100% success.
- CE & ISO certificates the company established a QA system, summarized a development file and was granted CE & ISO certificates.
- Master file for MP-1™ material was certified by FDA
- A femoral ball made of MP-1™ was produced by machining from a block of raw material.
- Trauma project funded by the EU started producing intramedullary nails from MP-1™